Black Tie Bingo
November 12, 2022
Ottawa Conference & Event Centre
Special Guest: Hon. Sharon Carstairs P.C., C.M.
It was a lovely evening and wonderful to be back in person to raise funds for palliative care in our community.
At the event it was announced that Sharon and OutCare, in partnership with Bruyere Foundation, have established an endowed fellowship in palliative nursing studies.
The Sharon Carstairs-OutCare Foundation Fellowship for Hospice Palliative Nursing, will provide the opportunity for nurses working in all programs to develop their skills, knowledge, and expertise in this important specialty. In addition, nurses will advance a project in their clinical area that will advance the palliative approach to care. To learn more or to donate to the Fellowship – Click here
Thank you, once again to all of our event sponsors, to the individuals and organizations who contributed Bingo game and silent auction items and to all the individuals who supported us by attending the event.
Congratulations to all the Bingo winners!
A special thank you to our guest of honour Sharon Carstairs and to Matt Skube, CTV News, and Andy Lonie, OutCare Fundraising Chair who were our emcees.
Funds raised from Black Tie Bingo support programs that help people living with a life-limiting illness, at every stage and any age, have access to specialized, patient-centered care.
Palliative Care Champion
We are proud to celebrate Sharon for her leadership and compassion in building palliative care in Canada. As a senator, she was a pioneer in the public discussion about palliative care. Her leadership in this complex and vital issue contributed to:
- the establishment of the Canadian Virtual Hospice;
- palliative care as core curriculum for undergraduate medicine;
- a $16.5 M research project on palliative care by the Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR); and
- the Compassionate Care Benefit for individuals looking after a gravely ill or dying family member.
Sharon passionately believes that quality end of life care is the right of every Canadian. Upon retirement from the Senate, she joined the Board of the OutCare Foundation and served as chair for 3 years. Sharon currently chairs the International Centre for Dignity and Palliative Care.
Take a Bow
We couldn’t pull off a great event without the help of our generous supporters, volunteers, auction donors and guests.
Special thanks to:
- Presenting Sponsors: Timothy Orr and Christopher Dubois
- Dinner Sponsor: Ottawa Convention & Event Centre
- Wine Sponsor: Logan Katz
- Print Sponsor: BMR
- Décor Sponsor: Sun Life
- Photo Booth & Lighting: First Quality Sound
- Bingo Game Callers: Friends Bingo
- Corporate Tables: Palladium Insurance, Canada Life, 1-800-GOT-JUNK
- Emcees: Matt Skube, CTV News & Andy Lonie