the OutCare Foundation 2010 News
October 29, 2010 (CBC Radio) – When Your Life is Circling the Drain. Most of us aren’t ready to face or even talk about the end of life. Patients and their families aren’t. How could they be?…read more…
October 17, 2010 (CBC Radio) – Baby Guru–A CBC Radio Tapestry episode that features Gary Davis, OutCare Foundation Board member, who talks about his experiences with terminally ill patients…read more…
September 25, 2008 (the New York Times) – A Time When Listening Is ‘Sacred’ – It is Dr. Diane E. Meier’s goal to make palliative care “part of the genome of American medicine,” … read more…
The OutCare Foundation’s former column Forever Young:
Fulfilling A Spouse’s Promise – When they were both young and healthy, Jack Phillips and his wife Anne made a solemn pact…Jack Phillips Final
- Roger Nielson’s Legacy: Palliative Care for Children – What do you call a project that is both a remarkable expression of community support, and a fitting tribute to a world-renowned professional hockey coach? Forever Young March 06
- A Hospice for the Homeless – For nearly a century, the Mission has helped Ottawa’s homeless survive, providing food, shelter and counseling in a Christian environment. In 2001, the Mission initiated a new service… Forever Young Feb 06
- The Remarkable Life Journey of Dr. Margaret Farncombe – Margaret Farncombe believes that many Ontario doctors and health-care practitioners have their priorities all wrong when it comes to birth and death…Forever Young January 06
- Hospice Palliative Care Comes of Age in Ottawa – A recent advertising campaign challenges Ottawa bus riders to reconsider their views about death and dying…Forever Young Dec 2005
- Helping People Live—and Die—With Compassion and Dignity – The turning point for Debbie Watt came early in her nursing career…Forever Young Sept 2005
the OutCare Foundation News
Would you like to learn more?
Please contact us today!